Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Miscellaneous > Content Comments

Old 11-25-2013, 06:55 AM   #11
Wiredverycheap

Join Date Nov 2013
Wiredverycheap is on a distinguished road

I was wrong the insides are different. However the 500-600 peak's insides are different than the 700 reviewed here. I have a RF-500WPS2. My brother gave me this PC a few months ago. It is a older i5 750 Lynnfield 8gb 1600 Ripjaw and a 650Ti. I think he slapped in this psu just to make it run, Or it has been in this thing for a couple of years. But for the life of me. I cannot find anything on this PSU, nothing. No load test, No review at all, Except from users that say it works. I Hope this is not one of the bad ones Huntkey made that explodes. I can't afford a new psu for awhile as I am on a tight budget. And I Already recently spent money on the 650Ti after my 5850 finally went. And I also spent money on a lcd monitor. I did a psu calculation and according to the calculator I am using 378 Watts. And with my 9800GTX+ card in as dedicated physx/cuda cores, It calculates it at 438. Which is why I took out my dedicated physx card and just left the 650ti in by itself, This is out of fear of this PSU.
Wiredverycheap is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2013, 03:41 AM   #12
devlordx

Join Date Dec 2013
devlordx is on a distinguished road

Default Apfc700

just purchased huntkey APFC700 psu and the insides are equal with this unit, if the insides are the same maybe they perform they same too?
devlordx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #13
c.hegge

Join Date Nov 2011
NSW, Australia
c.hegge is on a distinguished road

The performance would be very similar.

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium.
c.hegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #14
devlordx

Join Date Dec 2013
devlordx is on a distinguished road

Default reply

are those fcon caps known to last longer or not? if not i might open the psu and increase the fan speed,might increase lifespan of caps if its running cooler
devlordx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:32 AM   #15
Wiredverycheap

Join Date Nov 2013

Default Hmm?

I just bought a new Corsair PSU and finally replaced my old Rocketfish RF500WPS2 (Thank God I can breath easier) I was finally able to take it apart, And look at the insides, The insides are actually identical to this unit, The heat sinks and caps everything matches and in the same spot, I now wonder if the RF500WPS2 was relabeled to this unit? Even the board number matches. I would take a pic if I had a camera cable for my phone.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #16
c.hegge

Join Date Nov 2011
NSW, Australia
c.hegge is on a distinguished road

Could well be. Rocketfish are usually re-badged huntkey products

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium.
c.hegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:49 PM   #17
Wiredverycheap

Join Date Nov 2013

Default old rf500

Surprisingly the old Rocketfish PSU was reliable, And ran for close to 3 years when my Brother had this rig, And when I looked at all those cheap CaPXon caps surprisingly none of them were bulged, They all looked fairly nice, I honestly just did not trust it because it's age and the old Huntkey reviews, And I don't like a lower watt PSU to have 36 amps split into 2 rails, That is like getting behind the wheel of a car after 18 beers as the designated driver.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:56 AM   #18
Wiredverycheap

Join Date Nov 2013

I would like to Donate my old Rocketfish for testing just to see if they can actually hold up. And pull their rated wattage. But I don't have the funds to even ship anything right now lol.
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread