Administrator

Join Date Nov 2004
Hardware Secrets Team is on a distinguished road

Default Seasonic X-400 Fanless Power Supply Review

There has been a new article posted.

Title: Seasonic X-400 Fanless Power Supply Review
URL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...ly-Review/1073

Here is a snippet:
"Seasonic has just released a series of fanless power supplies with the 80 Plus Gold certification, full modular cabling system, and single +12 V rail. They released two models so far: 400 W and 460 W...."

Comments on this article are welcome.

Best regards,
Hardware Secrets Team
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com
Hardware Secrets Team is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
Cheetos

Join Date Jun 2008
Brazil
Cheetos is on a distinguished road

Holly c... !!

Impressive product !
Old 08-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
parsec

Join Date Jul 2010
parsec is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Who Has the Honor...

... of dissecting all those power supplies? Great review as always, I have never seen a more comprehensive PS review anywhere. I do like the pics of the internal construction and the individual parts used, I'm a deluxe geek in that aspect. This Seasonic PS is a great unit and you do get what you pay for, and I agree with your comment regarding the price and the non-enthusiast customer. Seasonic products don't seem to be discounted much that I can see, but I will be trying one the next time I need a PS.

Back to my question, and another, do you actually disassemble the PS you review for the pictures? It sure seems that way. Apparently the manufacturers allow you to do this, or do you purchase the reviews units, or what? It takes time and effort to remove the parts and still have them in a photogenic state, nice work if that is what is done, I appreciate it. So who does that work, and any job openings in that department? Also, do you rebuild them afterward? I'm not sure I would want that job...
parsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:04 PM   #4
Olle P

Join Date Oct 2008
Sweden
Olle P is on a distinguished road

This PSU isn't only suited for low noise applications.
It's also suited to power systems where long term technical reliability is paramount. The fan is generally the weakest part in any quality PSU, and not having any PSU fans is thus much better! (It's easier to hot-swap a broken redundant cabinet fan in the server rack.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetos View Post
Holly c... !!
Impressive product !
That's only half of it. I got a really good laugh reading paragraph 9 in this review! (And that's a positive laugh, not a mean "what moron wrote this bull" kind of laughter... the rest of that review is good reading too.)

Cheers
Olle
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread