Administrator

Join Date Nov 2004
Hardware Secrets Team is on a distinguished road

Default NZXT HAVIK 140 CPU Cooler Review

There has been a new article posted.

Title: NZXT HAVIK 140 CPU Cooler Review
URL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...er-Review/1312

Here is a snippet:
"The HAVIK 140 is the first CPU cooler from NZXT. It has six*heatpipes and two 140-mm fans. Let´s check it out!*The HAVIK 140 comes in a*tough cardboard box, as you*see in Figure 1.click to enlargeFigu..."

Comments on this article are welcome.

Best regards,
Hardware Secrets Team
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com
Hardware Secrets Team is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
parsec

Join Date Jul 2010
parsec is on a distinguished road

Nice review guys, thanks. A question about the case you use in testing. IMO it seems to be a very standard, nothing special case in terms of it's size and design (top mounted PS for example.) Do you use that case as an example of an average or typical PC case, rather than using a high-end case that is more rarely used, and could enhance the cooling?
parsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
Athlonite

Join Date Sep 2010
Athlonite is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Athlonite

Please start showing HSF's installed on both Intel and AMD based mobos if they support both types of sockets showing them installed on an intel mobo only doesn't help us AMD owners any we need to know how close it's going to get to the Dimm sockets whether or not it's going to block the use of tall Dimms (aka Corsair's DHX type)... I've been asking about this for ages but still nothing happens
Athlonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #4
Olle P

Join Date Oct 2008
Sweden
Olle P is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlonite View Post
... showing them installed on an intel mobo only doesn't help us AMD owners any we need to know how close it's going to get to the Dimm sockets...
Proximity to the RAM sockets isn't an AMD vs Intel issue, but more related to individual motherboards.

I'd rather argue that the AMD socket should be the primary choice because of orientation issues. Intel mountings are symmetric, so the coolers can be mounted in any direction, whereas AMD mountings are asymmetric.

Cheers
Olle
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:24 AM   #5
Rafael Coelho
Super Moderator

Join Date Jun 2008
Rafael Coelho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsec View Post
Nice review guys, thanks. A question about the case you use in testing. IMO it seems to be a very standard, nothing special case in terms of it's size and design (top mounted PS for example.) Do you use that case as an example of an average or typical PC case, rather than using a high-end case that is more rarely used, and could enhance the cooling?
Exactly... We are trying to test the coolers in a typical user configuration, so there is no point in using high-end super cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlonite View Post
Please start showing HSF's installed on both Intel and AMD based mobos if they support both types of sockets showing them installed on an intel mobo only doesn't help us AMD owners any we need to know how close it's going to get to the Dimm sockets whether or not it's going to block the use of tall Dimms (aka Corsair's DHX type)... I've been asking about this for ages but still nothing happens
As we've already answered, there's no point in doing it, since each motherboard has its own issues and the distance between the CPU socket and memory sockets is not the same for all the motherboards.

Last edited by Gabriel Torres; 06-17-2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 06-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
Athlonite

Join Date Sep 2010
Athlonite is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Athlonite

Really you show me two socket AM2+/AM3 mobo's where the dimms aren't close to the back edge and aren't close enough to the socket that this HSF would fit with tall Dimms in the first socket with no problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olle P View Post
Proximity to the RAM sockets isn't an AMD vs Intel issue, but more related to individual motherboards. Cheers Olle
Yes it is as Intel based mobos all have their Dimm sockets set further away than any AMD based mobos so don't try and say it's not an issue
Athlonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:19 AM   #7
Olle P

Join Date Oct 2008
Sweden
Olle P is on a distinguished road

I disagree. My new ASRock Z68 Extreme4 have the RAM considerably closer to the CPU than my old Asus A8N-E had.

On the now motherboard the heatsink fins actually overlap the nearest RAM slot, while only half of the fan extruded over the RAM on my older motherboard. (I use the same cooler!)

Cheers
Olle
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread