Administrator

Join Date Nov 2004
Hardware Secrets Team is on a distinguished road

Default Xigmatek Gaia CPU Cooler Review

There has been a new article posted.

Title: Xigmatek Gaia CPU Cooler Review
URL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...er-Review/1410

Here is a snippet:
"This time we tested the Xigmatek Gaia CPU cooler. It has a tower heatsink, three*8 mm direct-touch heatpipes, and a 120 mm fan.The Gaia seems to be the "bigger brother" of the Xigmatek Loki, which we ..."

Comments on this article are welcome.

Best regards,
Hardware Secrets Team
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com
Hardware Secrets Team is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
Onus

Join Date Jun 2010
Tennessee, USA
Onus is on a distinguished road

I wonder if the mounting pressure issue is unique to Intel sockets. I have a Phenom II X4 970BE mildly overclocked to 3.8GHz that idles around 30C and gets to 53C-55C when I've been playing games. It is indeed very quiet. When I mounted it, I was concerned I might be applying too much pressure, not too little, and I did not tighten it as far as it would go. I would not hesitate to buy another one.
Onus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:15 AM   #3
AnCoj

Join Date Oct 2011
AnCoj is on a distinguished road

Exclamation

Hello,

I have bought the cooler you have reviewed and the installing experience with AM3+ motherboard Asrock 880G Pro3 was very bad. I have registered to share it so that maybe other possible buyers know in advance what to expect.
I can't confirm for other AM3+ motherboards but in my case, the holes used by the motherboard supplied backplate were too large vs. supplied screws and didn't allow for proper alignment or fixing of the cooler; to overcome this I used some M3 plastic nuts. moreover, the insulating washers are not dimensioned for those holes, needed to replace them.
It was not possible to use the existing motherboard backplate with the cooler mounting either.
I don't comment additionally on the fixing of the cooler, it's not the best design choice they could have opted for, probably the most "cost effective" one.
I will comment on removing the cooler, be careful not to remove it with the CPU attached. I was very lucky to be able to fully use it after that.
A further attention comment is due when installing the above combo in a case with power supply placed at the bottom and not enough space above, in my case Thermaltake Commander MS-I. A little bending is needed. It was even nicer to install the fan
Otherwise, a quiet cooler vs the Phenom II boxed one.

All the best,
Andrei
AnCoj is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread