|06-16-2009, 09:20 AM||#1|
Join Date Nov 2004
NZXT Beta Case Review
There has been a new article posted.
Title: NZXT Beta Case Review
Here is a snippet:
"Beta is an inexpensive mid-tower case from NZXT yet having several features traditionally found only on high-end models. Let's see if Beta is a good buy.The first thing we notice was that this is a ve..."
Comments on this article are welcome.
Hardware Secrets Team
|06-16-2009, 10:46 PM||#2|
Join Date Oct 2008
Seems like an okay case...
I think there are some more assumptions to make:
- The light weight obviously stem from use of metal roughly half the regular thickness.
- The low price suggests that the steel is standard quality, nothing fancy.
- The result is then a physically weaker case, that will deform more easily than regular cases. Unless you handle it rough it shouldn't matter much.
- Another outcome is reduced noise reduction. Don't use this case if you intend to build a quiet computer!
The "issue" of (only) one fan provided leaves me a bit ambivalent.
- The light weight makes this case good for a LAN party gaming rig, at which case the builder will no doubt use fans of his/her choice anyway. Here the provided fan is just in the way.
- The price concious home consumer with lesser computer knowledge is less likely to add any more fan unless directly told to do so. This customer would benefit from having an additional rear fan provided with the case as well. (The large meshed areas in the side and rear makes the front fan as good as mandatory to get the correct paths of air flow.)
|06-18-2009, 06:52 AM||#3|
Join Date Oct 2004
You comments make sense, however costing only 50 bucks I don't have any complaints at all! Someone looking for a more robust case will be looking at products on the USD 100 range anyway!