Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Miscellaneous > Content Comments

Old 06-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #21
HomeUsr

Join Date Mar 2009
HomeUsr is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Torres View Post
My friend, for users fully appreciate what we are doing with our power supply reviews, we need to expose those **** power supplies. This way, when we say a power supply is good, people will have something to compare against. There are still lots of people trying to save money and buying these lousy units, and it is our duty to expose what they are really worth...

PS: I do like exploding these cheap power supplies...
I really appreciated this power supply review.

I had been using this supply as it came with my HTPC (AKA desktop) case. The case was the Apevia Aluminum X-MASTER-BK/500. It looked like the review unit on the circuit board, but the outside had some small differences (like a 120mm fan).

My overclocked Pentium E5200 to 3.33Ghz with the G45 integrated graphics was stable on this PSU. The addition of an AMD HD 5670 was causing lock-ups unless I dropped to stock CPU speed. I now realize it was this super-low-quality PSU.

Thanks!
HomeUsr is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread