Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Miscellaneous > Content Comments

Old 08-04-2009, 03:47 AM   #11
Rafael Coelho
Super Moderator

Join Date Jun 2008
Rafael Coelho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The V10 tested so well here because the TDP was never high enough. Push your cpu to around 1.45v vcore and you should see something interesting.
As you said, we are trying to make the tests significative in real life. In real life, few people put 1.45 V in their CPUs.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:09 AM   #12
halfwaythere

Join Date Aug 2009
halfwaythere is on a distinguished road

Over 90% of users run their systems at stock settings. When we are talking about an 100$+ cooling solution it would be interesting to see how far one can push his setup.

I'm not sure we are you guys heading: trying to be the next Wikipedia or a website dedicated to computer enthusiasts. I'm pretty sure sure you are going to say somewhere in between but you must remember mediocrity is never a good choice.
halfwaythere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #13
Rafael Coelho
Super Moderator

Join Date Jun 2008
Rafael Coelho is on a distinguished road

Halfwaythere,
You must keep in mind that our methodology was not made only for V10. If it was the case, of course we should push it a little farther.
But, if we want to compare some coolers, we have to mantain the same test methodology for all of them.
Regards
Rafael

Last edited by Gabriel Torres; 08-12-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:03 PM   #14
Draziw

Join Date Aug 2009
Draziw is on a distinguished road

I have this unit and my one beef is that I can't use all my ram. I have 8 gigs of OCR Reaper 1066 Ram and the Asus Crosshair II MB. If only they had of had the cooler over hang 5 mm higher. As for this being for the average user, the size and specs deem it for the Overclocker in my opinion.

My setup consists of the Cooler Master Haf 932, Corsair 1000w PS, 5 internal HD's, 2 DVD burners, 1 external 1 terabyte drive, Asus Crosshair II MB with Phenom II X4 940. I have the Processor over clocked to 3.5 from the 3.0 with a voltage set at 1.385 using the stock cooler.
Draziw is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread