Administrator

Join Date Nov 2004
Hardware Secrets Team is on a distinguished road

Default ASUS M2N32-SLI De Luxe Motherboard Review

There has been a new article posted.

Title: ASUS M2N32-SLI De Luxe Motherboard Review
URL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/339

Here is a snippet:
"M2N32-SLI De Luxe is the most high-end socket AM2 motherboard from ASUS, targeted to the new Athlon 64 CPUs supporting DDR2 memory. It is based on the new nVidia nForce 590 SLI chipset, supporting SLI..."

Comments on this article are welcome.

Best regards,
Hardware Secrets Team
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com
Hardware Secrets Team is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2006, 07:55 AM   #2
LondonRoad

Join Date Nov 2006
LondonRoad is on a distinguished road

Default Passive cooling

Comments in the review like, "However, the heatsinks produces a lot of heat, what should increase the PC internal temperature." are complete nonsense. The heatsinks produce no heat at all - they are passive devices. The components attached do produce heat - exactly the same amount as when no heatsink is there. Therefore the net temperature inside the case will be the same - but hot components will be significantly cooler - and therefore more reliable - due to the low thermal resistance between them and the surrounding air.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:17 PM   #3
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot for your comment, I'll keep that on mind from now on.

Once again, thanks.

Cheers,
Gabriel.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:06 AM   #4
superduker

Join Date Jan 2007
superduker is on a distinguished road

Default One small thing.....

You said 'To address this issue, M2N32-SLI De Luxe comes with a fan to be optionally attached to one of the heatsinks, see Figure 4. But what is the point of having a passive cooling solution if you need to install a fan on it anyway?'

You've missed the point on this Gabriel. It does state on the actual VRM cooling fan that it only needs to be installed, if you are using a water cooling solution, since a regular cpu fan and heatsink will blow air over the VRM/chipset heatsinks anyway. Obviously using a water block will not blow a sufficient amount of air to cool the VRM's.
superduker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:01 PM   #5
KID

Join Date Aug 2006
KID is on a distinguished road

Hey superduper,Im here to tell ya,I have a m2n32sli deluxe MB.I have a stock CPU fan and heatsink,A 120mm exhaust fan,a 90 mm intake fan,a fan each on my two vid cards,all in a coolermaster case.Airflow is tremendous inside,and without that fan on my NB HS,I would have stuttering and eventual crash when playing games.That fan is necessary,esspecialy if overclocking.KID

Oh Yeah,another thing.It also collects dust inside,and has to be removed to clean the heatsink regularly.

Last edited by KID; 01-25-2007 at 07:05 PM.
KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:20 AM   #6
superduker

Join Date Jan 2007
superduker is on a distinguished road

Cool

I beleive you KID. Only quoting the warning sign on the actual fan. that's all mate,

Got my M2N32-sli but just waiting for the FX-62 and mem to arrive (flipping torture . Got the G80's too

What sort of overclocking settings are you using KID, HT bus speed PCIe speed mem timings etc. Have you got any overclocking pointers you wish to share?

Cheers

Superduker
superduker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:25 AM   #7
reidy-

Join Date Dec 2006
reidy- is on a distinguished road

^^^ Oh you didn't a fx-62 over a intel quad core or high end duo, *break's down*, I pray there is some logic to you'r purchase.
reidy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:48 AM   #8
KID

Join Date Aug 2006
KID is on a distinguished road

No worries SD.You have an awesome gaming rig.I have some posts in the overclocking forum.You will have to experiment yourself to see what you get.Read the tutorials here and if you need some help,ask and someone will respond.
KID is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread