Administrator

Join Date Nov 2004
Hardware Secrets Team is on a distinguished road

Default Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler Review

There has been a new article posted.

Title: Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler Review
URL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...er-Review/1068

Here is a snippet:
"The Thermaltake Frio is a CPU cooler with a tower design, five heatpipes, and that can be used with one or two 120 mm fans. Let's analyse and test it.The Frio box is cardboard, big and with no transpa..."

Comments on this article are welcome.

Best regards,
Hardware Secrets Team
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com
Hardware Secrets Team is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
Fredrik

Join Date May 2009
Fredrik is on a distinguished road

Default Conclusion don't match results

Hello!
As usual your reviews are thorough, easy to access and understand, and very well illustrated! Hope, hope, hope you know that if everything is well I am quiet only because I applaud in front of the screens, where you can't hear it.

But I don't think you from the results quoted on page 6 can reach the conclusion on page 8.
Thermaltake has never made a very good product ever, and not this time - with Frio model - either. It is only a little better than the Intel stock cooler, but that comes out of charge when you buy the processor. The graph on p. 8 is a little strange, too.

Cold is good for electrical components, but can you work in 14 C?
Fredrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
dlb

Join Date May 2010
dlb is on a distinguished road

I don't necessarily agree with the above comment about ThermalTake not making good products: their PSUs in the past 2-3 years have been excellent; and the Frio is well known to be one of the best air coolers currently available. Check ALL the reviews, it has always done very well. On the other hand, their ISGC series of coolers were generally VERY poor coolers and that's why they're no longer in production. However, I do agree with the comment about room temp being only 14c - that's under 60f -actually about 57f- which doesn't seem realistic. Most CPU cooler reviews I've read use a room temp of 20-24c (68-74f) which is MUCH more reasonable.....

Other than the low room temp, it's a great review (as always) for a great cooler.
Thanks!

Last edited by dlb; 09-15-2010 at 06:45 PM.
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:48 PM   #4
Rafael Coelho
Super Moderator

Join Date Jun 2008
Rafael Coelho is on a distinguished road

Fredrick, thanks for your quiet applause.
I didn't get your point saying the Frio is "only a little better" than the stock cooler, since it lowered our CPU temperature in 40 C.

Dbl, we were actually working at a 14 C room temperature the day we made the measurements - we just put a good sweater and 14 C is just fine.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:36 AM   #5
Fredrik

Join Date May 2009
Fredrik is on a distinguished road

Default My mistake, possibly

When I first viewed the list of results I am pretty sure I did not see Thermaltake Frio at the end of the list. With this new(?) input I must change my opinion. Apologies for any inconvenience!
Fredrik is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread