Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

Default How to Refill Epson Cartridges

There has been a new article posted.

Title: How to Refill Epson Cartridges
URL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/60

Here's a snippet:
Considering the rise in the price of ink cartridges, several users started to resort to alternative solutions, such as the purchase of similar cartridges (cartridges manufactured by a manufacturer oth...

Comments on this article are welcome.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #2
Paperclips

Join Date Mar 2007
Paperclips is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up

Having just spent an infuriating $80 replacing the half-full cartridges on my Epson printer, your article cheered me up.

I hear no discernible difference when shaking the old ink cartridge and the new one. Indeed, the only way I can tell them apart is that the old cartridge's protective plastic covering is punctured during installation. It is obvious there is still ink in the old cartridge -- too obvious!

This Epson printer stops printing completely if any cartridge is empty. If you are trying to print using only black ink and light magenta (for example) is empty--the printer will not print a single sheet--even if the black ink is 100% full.

Another bonus to the software you mention is it's feature to move the cartridge holder over so that ink cartridges can be replaced. The LED window is defective on the Epson RX600 but Epson support is insisting they are unaware of the problem. The LED window is needed in order to navigate to the field for moving the ink cartridge holder over so that the ink can be replaced.

Thank you for your exquisitely useful article. I love you!
Paperclips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
Epsonrefill

Join Date May 2009
Epsonrefill is on a distinguished road

Default How to refill Epson ink jet printer

I was using CIS / Bulk Ink System but it is a complete nightmare.
Not only it void my warranty but it simple clog my printer and always leak out.
I hope this info will help Epson ink jet printer users to save money.
a 100ml ink cost only 7.95
only 1/8 of the original Epson ink cost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZq0tR1Ck58

Last edited by Epsonrefill; 05-26-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Epsonrefill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:36 AM   #4
retrokev

Join Date Jun 2010
retrokev is on a distinguished road

Talking still using my old Epson C44UX

Got a handy download of the internet to stop my Epson saying it needed servicing after a set number of print runs. This message is given when the internal base of the machine gets full of wasted ink that squirts out at setup of each print run and every few lines of printing; when you clean the heads and replace a cartridge. I got a chip resetter/zapper and did the messy refilling job. Also took the top half of the machine off. Cleaned out the fibre ink absorbers of loads of ink from the bottom of the machine. Then thought why waste all this ink? Inkjet ink is reckoned to be the most expensive liquid in the world, when you analyze what you pay for in such small cartridges!! Got a junior hacksaw and made a little hole in the back of the machine and ran the soft rubber tube that normally empties wasted ink into the base of the machine, out into an empty refill bottle. Taped it to the printer with duct tape and started with fresh refilled ink cartridges. The little waste bottle filled in only 2 weeks of use, so I have kept it for use as black ink refill ( all colours mixed make black, as well as the wasted majority of ink that is black anyway) and taped another empty bottle on - why waste ink unnecessarily!! It was shocking how much is wasted in such a short time . I have had the printer many years now and it's still running OK
retrokev is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread