Administrator

Join Date Nov 2004
Hardware Secrets Team is on a distinguished road

Default Antec Performance One P182SE Case

There has been a new article posted.

Title: Antec Performance One P182SE Case
URL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/485

Here is a snippet:
"Antec P182SE is a “Special Edition” version of their P182 case. Both cases belong to Antec’s most high-end family of cases, Performance One. What is “special” about P182S..."

Comments on this article are welcome.

Best regards,
Hardware Secrets Team
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com
Hardware Secrets Team is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
johnrw

Join Date Aug 2007
johnrw is on a distinguished road

Hi Gabriel and clan,

I bought a p182 standard model, and the phantom 500 psu for a little less from Provantage. Their price was good enough for me, and using Standard Shipping... Provantage shipped it from a warehouse close to me... so it arrived in 2 days. I like that. Logistics. Steel case... and heavy psu... weigh alot.

Here is what I paid. I am not saying it is a bargain price. If I really wanted to lower it I could have bought an almost new B stock unit from Antec directly. I did that once on a Sonata II unit... for around $75 including shipping.

Quantity 1 - (ANTS025) Phantom 500 ATX12V V2.0 Silent Power Supply Dual Fan 500W @ $104.67 each.

Quantity 1 - (ANTG04F) P182 Advanced Super Mid Tower Case @ $111.61 each.

Subtotal: $216.28
Shipping: $32.40

This machine is very quiet. Finally! A quiet pc. You can tell from my other posts that I Like Antec. Good Quality that I am willing to pay for. I have had too many cheapo cases where assembly was always with a gotcha.
johnrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:47 AM   #3
ebackhus

Join Date May 2007
ebackhus is on a distinguished road

I'm curious about the hinges on this case that are used for the front door. Are they full-metal or metal-plastic or plastic-plastic?

MSI K9N Diamond
AMD Athlon64 X2 5200+
2GB PC5300
SoundBlaster Audigy 7.1 HD
ebackhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:27 PM   #4
johnrw

Join Date Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebackhus View Post
I'm curious about the hinges on this case that are used for the front door. Are they full-metal or metal-plastic or plastic-plastic?
I had to put all my desktops in my storage bin... just running on laptops now, till I find a better place than where I am at. I have called Antec up... and asked my questions. They were very willing to answer them. 1-800-222-6832 9-5 Pacific time.

http://www.antec.com/us/support.html
Old 10-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

Hi johnrw,

Thanks for your contribution. The price difference between P182 and P182SE is huge, huh?

I don't remember the material which is used because I had only a quick look on the case (and that is why we categorized the article under "First Look" and not "Review"), I will ask Antec.

Cheers,
Gabriel.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:02 PM   #6
johnrw

Join Date Aug 2007

Have you seen the P190 + 1200? 499.99 which has 2 psu's bridged to 1200 watts! Wasn't there a thread around here asking if it could be done? I can say the front door opens completely... so that it is flush with the side of the case. They use a 2 piece front door, one piece is around 3/4 inch wide x the height of the door, and then the other is the door itself. But you don't find this out unless you try and open it all the round, as it has some resistance (by design).

Actually Antec had made a sales video on this case. Here is a sales video for the P182 like mine. http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=81820 whoah. They are proud of this baby.

Let me just say... I do not work for Antec, although that seems less and less obvious!

Old 10-23-2007, 01:03 PM   #7
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Just got a reply from Antec (they are fast!): the hinges are plastic.

Yes, I've seen this P190 case but the pictures I've taken were not so good (my fault) and that's why I didn't post anything about it around here.

Cheers,
Gabriel.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:28 PM   #8
johnrw

Join Date Aug 2007

Hey Gabriel,

Ok... http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=81900 is the P190 page and it has a video too. I see now it is a video put together by www.3dgameman.com. The one I saw on the P182 had no markings if I recall.
Anyways... 500 for a case and a set of psu's with 5 fans running... is one High End way to go. Noise... I don't want it... and I don't think it is too High End. I'd like to see a case with everything that makes heat, that can be removed from the box... to be removed from the box and if possible heatsink cooled with cages over those components. Ok... cpu's make heat, chipsets, and now video cards.

1. CPU... must have a cooling solution in it's case.
2. Chipsets that use a heatpipe to move the heat somewhere else is low noise. The destination then needs a tiny fan, unless the destination cooling fins could be placed under the CPU fan by a nice design.
3. Video cards now have their own fans, and I did not like the noise the Evga GTX 8800 made. nVidia's rep Manuel said they had an external for Workstation's video card that would be along this line I'm on.

Power supplies can go outside the case, with just a mesh, or cage over the it's box. That would leave a small amount of heat to get rid of in the CPU's box. Less fans needed there to do that.

So I imagine a 2 small box case design with a noiseless power box, and a well designed motherboard enclosure box using h2o cpu and chipset cooling and video becomes a growing problem.

regards,
john
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread