Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Miscellaneous > Content Comments

Old 12-02-2008, 09:26 AM   #21
DavidFlorida

Join Date Nov 2008
DavidFlorida is on a distinguished road

I have the feeling that the reason your CPU temp went down when you reversed the fan (so it was blowing air toward the inside of the case) is because your CPU is not receiving adequate cooling.

By turning the fan around, you now have a breeze blowing across the CPU, removing the heat-saturated air and allowing convection to do its thing.

A case fan shouldn't cause the CPU temps to change that dramatically - the motherboard temp, definitely, but not the CPU temp.
Are you sure that your CPU cooler is working properly?

Last edited by DavidFlorida; 12-02-2008 at 09:34 AM.
DavidFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2008, 08:00 AM   #22
saruri

Join Date Nov 2008
saruri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Torres View Post
Maybe I wasn't clear on my post above.

By the pictures on the tutorial you linked we can't tell each one is the exhaust side. We would have to have the same fan to see which direction the air is blowing. There is no standard. Usually the side that blows air is the side where the plastic supports (the ones that hold the center of the fan to the suqared frame of the fan) are. If this is the case with the portrayed fan, then the tutorial is correct, as the pictures shown the side with the supports directed to the rear of the case.

Also on your case simply put you hand to see which direction the air is blowing. If it is blowing to the outside of the case then it is installed right. If not simply remove the fan and invert it.

I really don't see your point of posting losts of messages and questions when this issue can be simply checked and fixed by this very simple procedure.

Cheers,
Gabriel.
"If it is blowing to the outside of the case then it is installed right." - AS I SAID, when it's installed blowing air to the outside of the case, the air blowed out is cold after an extended period of time, not hot air like my power supply do and my cpu's temp. is 50 to 60 something degree celsius while installing exactly as the guide shown: http://www.evercool.com.tw/install/instal_sff.htm, that is, blowing air to the inside of the case, my cpu's temp. drops to 40 to 50 something degree celsius. THAT'S WHY I THINK THAT THIS SPIDER FAN IS FOR DRAWING AIR IN PURPOSE ONLY.

AND I already said that after I change the spider fan from the rear blowing air into the case to the bottom of side casing blowing air into the case, my motherboard temp. decrease to 30 degree celsius while my cpu's temp. decrease to thirty or fourty something degree celsius. Which is lower and better than installing it at the rear blowing air outside to the case (50 to 60 degree celsius), so my problem's finally solved. Thanks!
saruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:01 AM   #23
saruri

Join Date Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidFlorida View Post
I have the feeling that the reason your CPU temp went down when you reversed the fan (so it was blowing air toward the inside of the case) is because your CPU is not receiving adequate cooling.

By turning the fan around, you now have a breeze blowing across the CPU, removing the heat-saturated air and allowing convection to do its thing.

A case fan shouldn't cause the CPU temps to change that dramatically - the motherboard temp, definitely, but not the CPU temp.
Are you sure that your CPU cooler is working properly?
I don't think I have a cpu cooler. Or do you mean the processor's fan? So "CPU's temp." shown in monitoring temp. software refers to the processor's temp. only, not the whole CPU's temp. (meaning including hard disks, dvd drive, etc.), is it?

Anyway,

installing the spider fan to blow out air in the case at the rear, my cpu's temp. is 50 to 60 something degree celsius, motherboard is 40 to 50 something degree celsius.

installing the spider fan to blow air into the case at the rear, my cpu's temp. is 40 to 50 something degree celsius, motherboard is 39 degree celsius.

installing the spider fan to blow air into the case at the bottom of the side casing, my cpu's temp. is 38 to 40 something degree celsius, motherboard is 30 degree celsius.

All of them are measured after an extended period of time. I only have this additional spider fan installed. The other fans I have are the processor's and the power supply's fan only.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:50 AM   #24
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saruri View Post
"If it is blowing to the outside of the case then it is installed right." - AS I SAID, when it's installed blowing air to the outside of the case, the air blowed out is cold after an extended period of time, not hot air like my power supply do and my cpu's temp. is 50 to 60 something degree celsius while installing exactly as the guide shown: http://www.evercool.com.tw/install/instal_sff.htm, that is, blowing air to the inside of the case, my cpu's temp. drops to 40 to 50 something degree celsius. THAT'S WHY I THINK THAT THIS SPIDER FAN IS FOR DRAWING AIR IN PURPOSE ONLY.
This is normal.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:28 PM   #25
DavidFlorida

Join Date Nov 2008
DavidFlorida is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saruri View Post
I don't think I have a cpu cooler. Or do you mean the processor's fan? So "CPU's temp." shown in monitoring temp. software refers to the processor's temp. only, not the whole CPU's temp. (meaning including hard disks, dvd drive, etc.), is it?
Correct. By CPU I'm referring to the processor chip on the motherboard, not the whole system. When you see CPU temp in the monitoring software, it is referring only to the processor chip.
DavidFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:24 AM   #26
saruri

Join Date Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Torres View Post
This is normal.
??? Normal? I'm very sorry but I don't understand. You mean when the spider fan is installed blowing air to the outside of the case at the rear, the air blowed out is cold after an extended period of time is normal?
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread