Old 07-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #11
jph1589

Join Date Jul 2006
jph1589 is on a distinguished road

Default If

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Torres
Hi,

I was talking to Daniel yesterday about this issue and we both think that the problem is with ECS implementation of the "automatic" SLI switch. The motherboard from MSI based on the same chipset doesn't suffer from this problem, as it uses a manual switch, i.e. a small board that you need to change its position in order to activate SLI mode. Maybe PCB 2.0 was released to solve this issue. Who knows?

Really nice to have this opportunity of hearing your feedback.

Cheers,
Gabriel.
If that turns out to be the case, everyone who bought this board should be allowed to RMA it for the new version.
jph1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #12
jph1589

Join Date Jul 2006

Default New Biios

Version 1.0F showed up a few days ago.

I flashed it and it doesn't change any setup options and doesn't make any difference in any of the issues I've seen.

There are no comments on their website that describe what the bios changes.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:50 AM   #13
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

I updated the review adding all details we discussed. I also read your discussion at TechFear.com, and added the interesting note that instead of fixing the PCI Express issue, ECS simply changed their specs page to say that both PCI Express x16 slots work at 8x at all times, regardless if you are using SLI mode or not.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, it helped us a lot. In the future we will pay more attention on ECS products to see if they fully match their descriptions or not.

Cheers,
Gabriel.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:08 AM   #14
jph1589

Join Date Jul 2006

Default Follow-up on C19-a sli

Hello again.......it has been a while and I'm still using the C19-A with fairly good results. I have noticed a couple of additional problems I was wondering if you have an opinion on.

I upgraded my CPU from a 520J that was overclocked up to 1000fsb, to a Pentium D 920 (sl8ws) that overclocks up to 1042 FSB.

The 520J used to idle at 39-40c at that overclock.

The 920 idles at 26-28c at it's overclock. Room temp is about 21c

I used AS5 and a Scythe Katana 775 on both of them. Room temps were not noticably different.

I believe that the sensor chip is reading the temp wrong on the 900 series, but I have no way of proving that. Is that possible, or would you assume the diode in the cpu is faulty? The temp shows about 32c in the bios after 10 minutes also.

The other notable thing is that under a full load the temp goes up and down as you would expect it to. Appoximately a 12c increase under load.

Do you have any ideas?
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread