Administrator

Join Date Nov 2004
Hardware Secrets Team is on a distinguished road

Default Titan Fenrir CPU Cooler Review

There has been a new article posted.

Title: Titan Fenrir CPU Cooler Review
URL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/922

Here is a snippet:
"Today we are*testing another CPU cooler from Titan: Fenrir. It supports all available CPUs,*has a*tower design, four 8-mm U-shaped heatpipes and a 120-mm fan. Other coolers with similar design*perform..."

Comments on this article are welcome.

Best regards,
Hardware Secrets Team
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com
Hardware Secrets Team is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2010, 04:12 AM   #2
Thrackan

Join Date Feb 2010
Thrackan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware Secrets Team View Post
There has been a new article posted.

Title: Titan Fenrir CPU Cooler Review
URL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/922

Here is a snippet:
"Today we are*testing another CPU cooler from Titan: Fenrir. It supports all available CPUs,*has a*tower design, four 8-mm U-shaped heatpipes and a 120-mm fan. Other coolers with similar design*perform..."

Comments on this article are welcome.

Best regards,
Hardware Secrets Team
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com
Is there a possibility to get tests done with almost equal room temperature?
Even when you're displaying the difference between ambient and CPU temperatures, with 14-20 degrees of room temperature I'd consider those fairly unstable environmental variables.

I do, however, give credit to the fact that you display the fact that these differences are there.
Thrackan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:43 AM   #3
Rafael Coelho
Super Moderator

Join Date Jun 2008
Rafael Coelho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrackan View Post
Is there a possibility to get tests done with almost equal room temperature?
Even when you're displaying the difference between ambient and CPU temperatures, with 14-20 degrees of room temperature I'd consider those fairly unstable environmental variables.

I do, however, give credit to the fact that you display the fact that these differences are there.
Thrackan, believe me, we are trying to mantain constant room temp. But climate changes are too big...
But for the purposes we want (compare performances) the temperature difference between room temperature and core temperature does not depend on the room temperature. So, we eliminate this variable with a small error margin.
Best Regards,
Rafael
Old 02-12-2010, 06:56 AM   #4
Thrackan

Join Date Feb 2010
Thrackan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael Coelho View Post
Thrackan, believe me, we are trying to mantain constant room temp. But climate changes are too big...
But for the purposes we want (compare performances) the temperature difference between room temperature and core temperature does not depend on the room temperature. So, we eliminate this variable with a small error margin.
Best Regards,
Rafael
Thanks for the quick reaction
It came out a little blunt I guess, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Actually, I've been wondering and I'm tempted to look up stuff heat transfer, but as far as I can remember, the difference between ambient and core temperatures is, besides the coolers quality, is the major factor in how well heat is dissipated.
So at 10 degrees ambient and 40 degrees core, there is a 30 degree difference, while at 20 degrees and 40 degrees core, there is a 20 degree difference.
While the idle temperature of the core would be a little higher at 20 degrees ambient, compared to 10 degrees, I don't think it would be 10 degrees higher.

This might be interesting stuff to test, in order to find out how accurate this method of testing is.

Again, I don't mean to offend, I just saw those graphs and thought my own thoughts of it. In my opinion, criticism can improve stuff
Thrackan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
darkreize

Join Date Feb 2010
darkreize is on a distinguished road

Is it worrying that there is no backplate for socket 1156? Is there a considerable bend due to this that can ruin the motherboard?
darkreize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
Rafael Coelho
Super Moderator

Join Date Jun 2008
Rafael Coelho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reaction
It came out a little blunt I guess, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Actually, I've been wondering and I'm tempted to look up stuff heat transfer, but as far as I can remember, the difference between ambient and core temperatures is, besides the coolers quality, is the major factor in how well heat is dissipated.
So at 10 degrees ambient and 40 degrees core, there is a 30 degree difference, while at 20 degrees and 40 degrees core, there is a 20 degree difference.
While the idle temperature of the core would be a little higher at 20 degrees ambient, compared to 10 degrees, I don't think it would be 10 degrees higher.

This might be interesting stuff to test, in order to find out how accurate this method of testing is.
We tested that and the temperature difference was the same.

Quote:
Again, I don't mean to offend, I just saw those graphs and thought my own thoughts of it. In my opinion, criticism can improve stuff
No ofense at all. We also think criticism can improve stuff.

Share This Thread