Administrator

Join Date Nov 2004
Hardware Secrets Team is on a distinguished road

Default HP Photosmart Premium C309G All-in-One Printer Review

There has been a new article posted.

Title: HP Photosmart Premium C309G All-in-One Printer Review
URL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...er-Review/1150

Here is a snippet:
"Touch screens got big boost popularity in cell phones, and now they are moving into other devices, including printers. The HP Photosmart Premium C309g printer boasts a large touch screen along with al..."

Comments on this article are welcome.

Best regards,
Hardware Secrets Team
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com
Hardware Secrets Team is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2010, 12:20 AM   #2
Olle P

Join Date Oct 2008
Sweden
Olle P is on a distinguished road

Beautiful plumage...

This seems pretty much like what can be described as a "Jack of all trades, master of none".
It can do a lot of things, but for every use there's a better option available. The only advantage seems to be a smallish footprint and purchase price compared to having a scanner, a photo printer and a laser printer.

As for the black ink yield, the standard used says that 5% of each print page is supposed to be covered in ink. So the 250 page yield stated by HP translates to 12.5 totally black pages.

I also miss a time test, where the printer after initial use is left alone for a month or more before running a second small batch of print tests to see if the nozzles are clogged or if it can be used without problems. (This was a major problem for me when I had an ink printer, so I switched to laser.)

Cheers
Olle
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:53 AM   #3
Sandy Berger

Join Date Jun 2008
Sandy Berger is on a distinguished road

Default Jack of all Trades

Olle,
I agree that this printer is a Jack of all trades.

As far as I know, all ink jet printers can dry up if they are not used. So your solution of moving to a laser is a good one if you will have months of inactivity.

We used to recommend removing the ink cartridges and putting them in plastic bags if you were not going to use the printer for more than a month. Now, however, some printers have print heads that will dry out if you remove the cartridges. So I have posed the question of how to keep the ink from drying out due to inactivity directly to HP. I'll let you know when I get their response.

Last edited by Gabriel Torres; 12-20-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Sandy Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread