Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

Default Replacing the Motherboard Battery

There has been a new article posted.

Title: Replacing the Motherboard Battery
URL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/81

Here's a snippet:
Every PC motherboard has a battery. That battery serves two purposes: to feed the configuration memory (also called CMOS) and to feed the real time clock of the computer (the one that show the date an...

Comments on this article are welcome.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
will

Join Date Feb 2012
will is on a distinguished road

Default Motherboard battery; pin numbers!

Following Gabriel's excellent article on changing old type mother board CMOS batteries, I stripped the old thing and eagerly sought out the NVRAM. Ah Ha, there it is. Damn, soldered on the board! Never mind, plan B! Yes, got a CR2032, yep 2 small wires, soldering iron, Great! Now then, pin 20, pin 16. Oh no, mine hasn't got those pins. Full stop, Gabriel, unless you would be kind enough to know which pins I can connect my external battery to? Kind Regards, Will
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

The NVRAM should have a "part number" written on it. Google this part number for its datasheet. There you will see its pin-out... Let me know if you need further help, I'll need either a picture of the NVRAM or its part number.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
will

Join Date Feb 2012
will is on a distinguished road

Many thanks, Gabriel! You were right as regards the pin numbers, I took it to mean external pins, but in fact the numbers referred to internal pin outs! Have now done it OK! many thanks, Will
will is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread