Administrator

Join Date Nov 2004
Hardware Secrets Team is on a distinguished road

Default Explosive CD-ROM

There has been a new article posted.

Title: Explosive CD-ROM
URL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/51

Here's a snippet:
Several readers have written us claiming at CDs that literally explode inside the CD-ROM unit. Reader Renan Melo could even take pictures of the CD that exploded inside...

Comments on this article are welcome.
Hardware Secrets Team is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2007, 12:59 AM   #2
comicfan2000

Join Date Jul 2007
comicfan2000 is on a distinguished road

Default Better late than never

I found this site just a few minutes ago and was reading on the exploding CD. I know it's an old article but wanted to add something...

Not only will a cracked disk explode, but a warped disk as well. I have not only seen this many times but had it happen to me. Fix it utilities is one I bought a couple years ago, the disk would scrape and take two tries to get going. After examining the disk, I noticed it was slightly warped. I threw it in and proceeded to reinstall, lo and behold, BANG! there was my disk shattered in a new DVD drive I bought. Not happy at all. It ended up ok and no one was hurt obviously but this occurred to at least 3 people who had warped disks as well and are tech friends of mine. This will happen with DVD as well.
comicfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread