Administrator

Join Date Nov 2004
Hardware Secrets Team is on a distinguished road

Default Water Cooling Solution from Intel

There has been a new article posted.

Title: Water Cooling Solution from Intel
URL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/295

Here is a snippet:
"During this IDF (Spring 2006) Intel officially demonstrated their water-cooling solution, called Intel Advanced Liquid Cooling Technology. This was really unexpected, since Intel is traditionally a ve..."

Comments on this article are welcome.

Best regards,
Hardware Secrets Team
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com
Hardware Secrets Team is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
ScramJet

Join Date Mar 2006
ScramJet is on a distinguished road

Default More Information...PLEASE!!

This is where I saw it first…and I liked it so much, I joined the forum!! And that is saying a LOT since I am, for the most part, an “AMD Guy” !!

When I first saw this “Advanced Liquid Cooler” I thought that, just perhaps, it was some kind of JOKE! That is, until I realized that Intel is having these units tested by a company called, “Sterling PSU Inc.” (Michigan). And Sterling is well-known for their ABS Braking Systems (used by GM, Ford, and others). However, this is about all I’ve been able to find out, despite almost 2-weeks of sleepless nights and endless email requests to just about every “in-the-know” company on the planet. SO…I’m hoping that perhaps YOU HAVE FOUND SOME MORE INFORMATION ON THIS DEVICE??

Needless to say – it is INGENIOUS!! SO ingenious that I’m having a real hard time believing that it actually works as advertised. Also, one of your “links” (Hexxus?) even went so-far as to mention this Intel cooler has many similarities to Corsair’s “Nautilus 500 Water Cooling System”…I beg to differ. I see very little parity between the Intel Advanced Liquid Cooling System and the offering by Corsair…am I missing something here?

Because, the only similarity I can interpret, from the data I have available to me, is that they both cool the processor via the use of liquid (is Intel even USING H2O in their new system? OR, maybe they are using the newer “Liquid Metal” Cooling Technology that is produced by “Nanocooler Inc.?) and they both use a “Closed-Loop” method converse to using a reservoir.

Furthermore (you see…this cooler really IS keeping me up at night !!), according to the few articles I’ve been able to scrounge-up, Intel is stating that they are eliminating the reservoir in order to “prevent leaks” and stating that it is the FAULT of the reservoir that leaks occur in water cooled systems in the first place!!! And here, after years of designing and building and using WC systems, I always thought the reservoir was there to add more “area of water” to the loop!!

Don’t worry I’ll stop in a minute…but does anybody out there even KNOW anybody that DOES have some more information on this alleged $50.00 (US) water-cooled slice of Nirvana? Because, IF it works as well as Intel SAYS it works, and IF that TINY bit if LIQUID CAN keep a processor closer to ambient than its larger, more cumbersome siblings, then THIS IS A TRUE, TECHNOLOGICAL BREAKTHROUGH!!! The answer to YEARS of wallowing in the Polyvinylchloride nightmare of tubes, reservoirs, in-line (and submerged) pumps, etc.!! Not to mention the almost unbelievable price of $50.00 and the fact that this device SHOULD (on paper) be able to operate for around three-YEARS without ANY form of maintenance (except for the obligatory radiator vacuuming, of course!) and no “topping-off” of the coolant!!

SOOOOOOOO…IF anyone knows where I can find more information, of a technical-nature, I sure would appreciate it and, you can bet that if and when this thing “hits the streets”, I’ll be one of THE first in line to PURCHASE one of these bad-boys!!

Thanks,
Scramjet
ScramJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:20 AM   #3
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up I sure do!

Hi there,

Or course I have more info since I was on Intel presentation during IDF Spring 2006.

I've just uploaded here Intel's full presentation. You can download following the link below.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/downl...5-1_FIN_v1.zip

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Gabriel.

Last edited by Gabriel Torres; 07-24-2006 at 08:31 AM.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:37 AM   #4
ScramJet

Join Date Mar 2006
ScramJet is on a distinguished road

Default Thank You!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Torres
Hi there,

Or course I have more info since I was on Intel presentation during IDF Spring 2006.

I've just uploaded here Intel's full presentation. You can download following the link below.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Gabriel.
What can I say Gabriel...but THANK YOU!!! I just downloaded your .zip file and, although I havent seen it yet I am very greatful to you since I STILL haven't found one iota of information on this thing . I'm curious, if one were wanting/needing to test and evaluate a device such as this, how does one go about obtaining it?

Our company is new and what we are doing is attempting to build ONLY High-End, superior quality Personal Computers exclusivly for "people like us" at a reasonable price (i.e. Alienware without the head...or would that now be "Dellian" ? ) so, needless to say we are looking at only the THE very best cooling solutions available. So if this thing works as well as I HOPE it works it COULD change the direction of our new company and we COULD start even using uP from INTEL over AMD since they have obviously changed their stance on the "overclocking issue".

BTW....LOVE THIS SITE Mr. Torres!!! And I've already turned to it for advice on several technical matters (I especially enjoyed your artical on "how to clean Epson Print Heads....that was the BOMB !!!!). Your layout and to-the-point articals are some of the best I've yet to see on the Web and they are indeed greatly appreciated!!

Thank you again,
Wayne aka "ScramJet"
ScramJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:12 AM   #5
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Intel didn't say when they are going to launch it. They also didn't say if this product will be available at retail or will be targeted only to OEMs. They also didn't say when the product will reach the market.

If I hear something new about this I post here.

Thanks for the compliments. Tell your friends about Harware Secrets and help us grow! ;-)

Cheers,
Gabriel.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread