Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Hardware > Peripherals

Old 07-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
Teknofix

Join Date Jan 2012
Florida
Teknofix is on a distinguished road

Default Win 7 64bit All USB Ports,Webcam and Card Reader Not Functioning..?

Asus M2A-VM-HDMI Mobo. Win 7 64Bit Pro. Everything was working fine..until
I keep getting:'You Need to Format' Error, if I insert USB flash to any USB Ports or any Memory cards to Card Reader..! and if you try to Format, Windows Unable to Format error comes on. All connected devices are recognized and showed up, yet unable to open to view them..Also my USB WebCam opens with Blank Black Screen, with: Can Not Preview the Graph error..it was working fine before, All the USB and Card Reader Drivers are installed automatically by Windows when I first inserted the USB or Memory Card. I've been fighting to resolve this issue since long time and tried everything possible..will be very long to mention here. Only Clue I have the File System recognized as RAW instead of FAT or FAT32 and can NOT Format
back to FAT again..however it Formats to NTFS with no problem and it works
but when I pull the NTFS formatted Mem.Card put it back to digital camera
Camera gives me Format Error since it only recognizes FAT formats. Some how
my USB and Card Reader (Rosewill IM-5001) Drivers or Files are Corrupted and
so far I could Not find any working solution to recover them back to working.
My question is: what is causing this problem. is it Windows Drivers or Mobo Hardware issue? Tried to repair from original OEM installation Disk with no success.. Can NOT Restore from any restore point..! I am thinking to purchase
a new Sata HDD and re-install the Windows 7 from Scratch to see if the problems are resolved..since I don't want to Format my Original HDD I am using. I am really annoyed with my USB Ports-WebCam and Card Reader giving me: You need to Format before use Error. Any solution or ideas will be greatly appreciated before I order a new hdd.

Last edited by Teknofix; 08-31-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Teknofix is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2013, 02:37 AM   #2
Teknofix

Join Date Jan 2012
Florida
Teknofix is on a distinguished road

Can anybody please tell me if described issues (RAW) file system hardware or software problem ? why is not recoverable ? reinstalling windows would correct the CORRUPTED USB RAW File System back to FAT ? Unable to use the USB and Card Reader Ports.!!!
Teknofix is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread