Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Hardware > Video

Old 07-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
55blader

Join Date Jul 2013
55blader is on a distinguished road

Arrow VGA hardware problem

Hello
My girlfriend called me last night desperate that she can't play one of her games and that her computer restarts (I thought it was overheating). Then even the monitor was no longer responding when she powered on the comp, it goes straight into stand-by. I went to her today and cleaned it well and it worked, including the monitor, windows, everything. In the first phase it worked, then it was overheating again. I opened it and took the plate down and I observed that the cooler on the GPU was blocked into something and does not rotate at all so I took it down and cleaned it very well also and when I put it back all together exactly as before there wasnt any response at all and now the monitor goes straight into stand-by as before. Any suggestions?
Thanks

PS: sorry for my bad english
55blader is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2013, 08:09 AM   #2
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

Please post the specifications of the computer: CPU, motherboard, video card, and power supply.

It looks like a power supply issue (crappy power supply with a mid-range video card).
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread