Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Software > Operating Systems

Old 10-22-2013, 02:45 AM   #1
alexszl

Join Date Oct 2013
alexszl is on a distinguished road

Default Toshiba Satelite Pro C660-113 won't boot

Hi.

I'm having an issue starting up my laptop with windows 7. When I press the start button it sounds like all is fine. The Windows 7 logo shows up and disappears like it should, a black screen appears with the pointer cursor in the center of the screen, then a busy cursor for a second or two, then pointer cursor with busy cursor @ +-30sec intervals on the black screen. But that is it! I can hear the hdd spinning up and the fan is humming. The cd tray opens. Sometimes the screen prompts with the 'start in safe mode' options - I have tried the 'start as normal' and 'start in safe mode' but both result in the black screen with pointer/busy cursor.

I have read article 547 but it's not that as windows is trying to start and fan/hdd is humming. I have tried 'the remove battery and restart with AC power with after 60sec start button down' and 'boot with zero button pressed down' but same result. I have tried the F2 for BIOS setup and F12 for something else during the boot process but nothing I do seems to progress beyond the black screen with pointer/busy cursor.

The only irregular I can think of is that the power mains tripped and the laptop was on sleep mode with the power cable in. But then that would be the same as simply disconnecting the power cable from the laptop.

I have not tried the 'remove ram, clean and try other slot' yet. Thought I'd post this first.

Thanks in advance.
Alex
alexszl is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread