Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Hardware > Cooling

Old 11-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
Blinztree

Join Date Jun 2013
Blinztree is on a distinguished road

Default Fan Cooler Spin

Does a second fan that spins in the opposite direction in a push - pull config works better in cooling down a cpu than a second fan that spins in the same direction in a push - pull config?
Blinztree is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2013, 03:55 AM   #2
Rafael Coelho
Super Moderator

Join Date Jun 2008
Rafael Coelho is on a distinguished road

Blinztree,
Both the fans on a tower cooler (or a watercooler radiator) must blow in the same direction. So, they will need to spin in the same diretion, too.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:21 AM   #3
Blinztree

Join Date Jun 2013

Thanks for feedback. How about doing a review for us using the mentioned config? It would be interesting to know the differences.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
ncsamish

Join Date Nov 2013
ncsamish is on a distinguished road

Default Fan Cooler Spin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael Coelho View Post
Blinztree,
Both the fans on a tower cooler (or a watercooler radiator) must blow in the same direction. So, they will need to spin in the same diretion, too.
This URL shows a Russian bomber with coaxial counter-rotating propellers. Cooling fans could also be counter rotating if the blades had the proper pitch. http://www.airforceworld.com/bomber/...r-russia-1.htm
ncsamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:32 AM   #5
Blinztree

Join Date Jun 2013

The Penta Volvo Inboard marine drives are also based on the same principles... counter rotation props resulting in a more powerful propulsion for less fuel. I get quite decent temps with my LGA 1150 i5 4750K. Temps with a single fan usually reaches 61C after five minutes. After installing the counter spin fan config, I get max about 55C running OCCT for at half an hour with a CM Hyper 212X. Wanted a water cooler but decided against it as I do not want to spent time checking for leaks every now and then. Great bang for little dosh

Maybe I'm wrong but could you do the test for us... please, please, please

http://www.boattest.com/engine-revie...0-%28370-hp%29
Old 11-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
Blinztree

Join Date Jun 2013

Hello People!

I have made a mistake! I opened up my box to double check the fans' spin directions and they both spin the same direction.

But maybe the idea still have merit? It would be interesting if cpu cooler manufacturers could test this idea and perhaps it might evolved into a more efficient design? Of course, I'm not asking any money for this... just name this revolution design after me
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread