Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Hardware > Power

Old 12-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
JawesomeArt

Join Date Dec 2013
JawesomeArt is on a distinguished road

Default Corsair PSU Buzzing and fan stops intermittently

I have Corsair PSU TX 750, and I've only had it for a year. The fan on it has been buzzing and it stops occasionally. Anyone ever heard of this? I'm getting a new PSU because I don't want overheatage, but I'm just curious if anything similar has happened to anyone. P.S. it is not dust-clogged.
JawesomeArt is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2013, 02:16 AM   #2
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

It seems the fan is defective, and I highly suggest you to either replace the fan or the whole power supply (if you are not good at opening things).
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:54 AM   #3
Blinztree

Join Date Jun 2013
Blinztree is on a distinguished road

I have a TX650M that buzzes as well but it's not the fan that buzzes. The fan works but spins only at power-up and shuts off. The manual says it will kick in if the PSU reaches a certain critical temperature. After tweaking my bios, the buzzing seems to have been greatly reduced but a very faint buzzing come on and off ocassionally. I have stopped tweaking the bios after this and live with the buzzing noises.

Since I do not game or OC my box, the fan has never kicked in. I have OCCTed it for over an hour several times and temp of CPU have not crossed 72'C. Fan never kicked in during the OCCTs.

http://forums.hardwaresecrets.com/sh...ad.php?t=14430
Blinztree is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread