Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Hardware > Other > Other Issues

Old 01-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #1
paduraru

Join Date Jan 2014
Montreal, Canada
paduraru is on a distinguished road

Default continous rebooting

My system (Dell Optiplex P4) is struck with constant reboot loop (W 7); system boots and while the microsoft logo comes up it goes back to reboot.
The computer was working well before I put the hard drive in a case and connected by USB to another computer (dual core) to copy some data. The other system crushed during the copy process (power failure I think). After restarting the dual core computer, I was able to read the data on the external disk and windows didn't find any errors.
After puting my hard drive back on Dell, I've noticed the continous rebooting. I tried with Acronis boot disk (I have an image on the second partition) but Acronis isn't loading.
I tried to reinstall first W7 and than XP by inserting the os disk in dvd drive but the system goes in loop after copying the windows files it restarts. With XP disk I was able to format the first partition.
Also i'm sure that my computer is clean without Viruses.
I remember somebody told me an history about erasing MBR of the hard drive. How bad it is?
Thank you all
paduraru is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2014, 02:38 PM   #2
paduraru

Join Date Jan 2014
Montreal, Canada

Default Using boot disk

I tried also the Acronis boot disk to acces my image on the other partition and still not working...
Old 01-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
c.hegge

Join Date Nov 2011
NSW, Australia
c.hegge is on a distinguished road

Your HDD might be faulty. test it with Seatools for DOS.

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium.
c.hegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:58 AM   #4
paduraru

Join Date Jan 2014
Montreal, Canada

Default SeaTools test passed

The drive passed both short and long test of SeaTools for DOS.
I think Something should have been happenned when the system crashed while copying from a disk to another...
By the way, SeaTools showed that the system crashed because of the faulty system (Seagate too) drive...this drive didn't pass the tests. Thank you for the advice, is very precious. But I stil have the problem...
Old 01-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #5
paduraru

Join Date Jan 2014
Montreal, Canada

Default incredible

I tought that my hard drive was the origin of my problems because the only thing I made was to take out and put back the drive.
Finaly I put another hard disk inside my Dell computer and...the same rebooting thing. I wasn't able to install windows ( I tried XP and Seven) because after copying files was a reboot and so on...Once I received an error message MBR is missing and another time a message concerning a device driver which prevents windows to start...usually it was only this rebooting thing after copying files...
I solved the problem by unplugging and plugging back the sata cable of the drive and taking out the RAM memory and putting them back.
I cannot explain this!
Old 04-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #6
ElXtronic

Join Date Apr 2007
Connecticut,USA
ElXtronic is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to ElXtronic
Cool

Dell make's their own proprietary hardware, I've run into nothing but headaches, yet they bought Alienware like it should represent them ROFLcopterz! At this point your best bet is probably buying a new PC at auction, something like this gaming PC I found on eBay recently @ No Reserve:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251513718930...ht_1566wt_1363
ElXtronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:24 AM   #7
paduraru

Join Date Jan 2014
Montreal, Canada

Yes indeed, I already sold the computer, hopefully I managed to repar it. The link you send me seems interesting; what price do you think is realistic for that machine?
By the way, I have a newest HP Pavilion which I use rarely but the original power supply isn't reliable, dead after more than one year.
Thanks everybody
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread