Administrator

Join Date Nov 2004
Hardware Secrets Team is on a distinguished road

Default System Mechanic Review

There has been a new article posted.

Title: System Mechanic Review
URL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...ic-Review/1836

Here is a snippet:
"The Windows operating system, in all of its versions, has a lot of hidden options that are invisible to the user. Some of them are just cosmetic, but there are some options that really matter regardin..."

Comments on this article are welcome.

Best regards,
Hardware Secrets Team
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com
Hardware Secrets Team is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
rotulos1

Join Date Aug 2008
rotulos1 is on a distinguished road

This kind of software is nothing more than "snake oil", canīt believe this site is actually featuring it.
rotulos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:54 AM   #3
Rafael Coelho
Super Moderator

Join Date Jun 2008
Rafael Coelho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotulos1 View Post
This kind of software is nothing more than "snake oil", canīt believe this site is actually featuring it.
Have you already tried it?
Old 02-25-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
cathode

Join Date Feb 2012
Dallas, Tx
cathode is on a distinguished road

I heard this type of programs are like heroin for pc's. They won't seem to function right after uninstalling, kind of an addiction per say.
cathode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:18 AM   #5
JoeArchitect

Join Date Feb 2014
JoeArchitect is on a distinguished road

Default Disappointing article from an otherwise great source of tech info

I love this website for its in-depth reviews and teardowns of complicated electronics like power supplies and graphics cards, when I saw an article reviewing software my interest was piqued - "Pros and cons for an optimization software? This will be awesome, we'll see before and after benchmarks that show power usage, FPS, and R/W / IOPS comparisons!" I thought.

This article is the worst publication I've seen on this website and I had to register to let you know.

Seems more like an advertisement than anything useful.

Disappointing.

-joe

EDIT: There are no hard numbers or data backing the "Conclusions" assessment at the end. I'm surprised HardwareSecrets let this one slip through the cracks.

Last edited by JoeArchitect; 02-27-2014 at 06:23 AM.
JoeArchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:48 AM   #6
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

Hi, folks, thanks for the feedback. This is the first article about software that Rafael Coelho writes, and this feedback will help him to improve in the future.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:40 PM   #7
kadota1

Join Date Apr 2014
kadota1 is on a distinguished road

Default Purely disgraceful product

Rafael is either on the take, or didn't thoroughly investigate this terrible software. I've used this manually for six months. Came home from a trip and fired the computer up. Worked fine just like it did before I had turned it off 10 days earlier. I received a sys mech popup stating I should use their special hard drive defrag. I've used different utilities in the past to defrag with never a problem. I used their special defrager which took two hours on a computer that was defraged a couple of months ago. When it finally finished, it said a reboot was required. I rebooted and came back 10 minutes later to find a computer that couldn't boot. The boot sectors were screwed and me too. I intend to have someone with more knowledge than me extract what they can and then I'll see them in CA small claims court. A product that states ii will improve the operation of your computer destroys it. Check out amazon's reviews on it.
kadota1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:47 PM   #8
c.hegge

Join Date Nov 2011
NSW, Australia
c.hegge is on a distinguished road

I've never trusted or used any form of PC tuneup software, and have no intentions of ever doing so. I've never seen it help a PCs performance, but I've seen it do damage lots of times.

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium.
c.hegge is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread