Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Hardware > Power

Old 03-01-2014, 04:08 AM   #1
Jchap

Join Date Mar 2014
Jchap is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up AX 850 alternative?

Hi.

Please could someone help me? My power supply I'm sure has died, it lasted 3 years and it an AX850w,

My question could I connect a different make of psu ? The cables inside my system say AX850 only?

My problem is I only have £60 for a new one and desperately require a cheaper alternative, I do not want to change all the cables,

There are many cheaper alternatives that I have found on amazon but I'm worried that they might not be good enough and that the cables will not fit.

Any help greatly appreciated
Jchap is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2014, 03:10 AM   #2
asilunde

Join Date Jul 2010
UK
asilunde is on a distinguished road

No, you cannot use your AX850 cables with another PSU. At least, not unless Corsair tell you that you can.

Corsair's AX series have 7 year warranty, so you should contact them to see if they will send you a replacement. If they agree to receive your defective unit and send you a replacement, make sure to ask for a prepaid delivery label, as that will save you ~£30 shipping it to the Netherlands.

If they do agree to send you a new unit they are likely to send you an AX860, so again you will have to specifically ask whether the AX850 cables are compatible with the new unit they send you.

Last edited by asilunde; 03-03-2014 at 03:14 AM.
asilunde is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread