Join Date Apr 2006
netubies is on a distinguished road

Unhappy Raid, disk replacement

Hi,

I have two WD Velociraptor.

I have set up two logical units (by software, seven 64 bits / intel drivers) :
- D:, RAID 0
- E:, RAID 1

Yesterday, D: have disapperead while it was under heavy duty. One Velociraptor was not recognized by the bios after reboot. Since few months, i had warning about one WD disk.

E: is ok, my data are here.

This morning, after a window update with a night reboot, D: is always unknown but the hard drive is recognized by bios (perhaps disk cooled during night ?)

I suppose that one hard drive is dead.

Do you know how to be sure ? I tried WD diagnostic software for this model but it doesn't work.

In order to change the disk and to setup RAID again, i know that i have to buy the same model. My model is WD3000HLFS-016GU1. It seems difficult to find, or very expensive. But i found WD3000HLFS-016GU0 (0 instead of 1) and others references which are WD3000HLFS-xxx. Is it ok ?

Thanks 4 help
netubies is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2014, 02:08 AM   #2
netubies

Join Date Apr 2006
netubies is on a distinguished road

WD support sended me two new disks. It seems that i was under garanty. Good news !
I thought that it was guaranteed for 3 years but apparently it's more.
netubies is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread