Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Hardware > Power

Old 12-22-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
John_Mc

Join Date Jan 2010
John_Mc is on a distinguished road

Default Worthless Rebates from Corsair

Forget about ever spending any of Corsair's so-called rebates.

Corsair offers "rebates" which their customers despise. First of all, you have to bend over backward to try to fulfill it, and if you make even the tiniest of mistakes on any of their forms, your rebate will be rejected. If you misspell, abbreviate, or leave off a single word on the envelope you send your forms in: Rejected! If the postmark on your envelope gets smeared: Rejected! If your rebate forms get "lost" by Corsair: Rejected!

But suppose you do manage to make it through Corsair's labyrinth of bizarre rebate requirements and finally get your money after waiting month after month after month, then what? Surprise! Corsair won't actually send you any money. Instead, you'll receive a so-called "rebate card" which you cannot deposit or cash anywhere. But you'd better do something with it quick, because fees begin to accrue immediately, and Corsair will be only too happy to deduct those fees from your card as fast as they can. (So be sure to read all the legalese on that lengthy document which accompanies your "rebate card". If you ever actually receive one, that is.)

I'd rather deal with a reputable company which doesn't try to cheat their customers like this. God only knows what trials and tribulations await should you need warranty work. Yea, good luck with getting something repaired by these clowns.

Personally, I don't trust Corsair any further than I can spit.

Last edited by John_Mc; 12-26-2010 at 02:53 PM.
John_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2010, 03:21 AM   #2
klinc

Join Date Dec 2010
klinc is on a distinguished road

how much are rebates normally?

Last edited by Gabriel Torres; 12-27-2010 at 09:59 AM.
I7-2600k @4.8Ghz | ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME 3-Way SLI | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance 1867mhz CL8 10-9-24 1T 1.600V | 3x Zotac Gtx580 SLI | OCZ Vertex 2 SF 180gb | 2x Samsung F3 Spinpoint 1Tb Raid-0 | CORSAIR AX1200 | Thermalright Silver Arrow | Antec 1200 |
3DMARK11
klinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
John_Mc

Join Date Jan 2010
John_Mc is on a distinguished road

I lost thirty bucks. But if that's how Corsair wants to behave, so be it. I already convinced two people not to buy Corsair merchandise when I was visiting Best Buy and Fry’s this month.
John_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
wtouristo

Join Date Jan 2011
wtouristo is on a distinguished road

Rebates are usually subcontracted to a low bidder. Complain to Corsair.
wtouristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
hangfirew8

Join Date Jul 2010
hangfirew8 is on a distinguished road

Corsair is the only company that has a perfect (good) record of sending me rebates. Everyone else runs about 50%.

That said, I now refuse to buy rebate items unless the before-rebate price is the best I can find. That means I don't buy many rebate items any more.
hangfirew8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:25 PM   #6
GiGaBiTe

Join Date Jan 2011
GiGaBiTe is on a distinguished road

I never go for rebates for this reason. You either have to bend over backwards for it, deal with ridiculous terms, or void the warranty on your product to get a rebate.
GiGaBiTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
Fireman

Join Date Mar 2013
Fireman is on a distinguished road

Default Corsair rebate ripoff

I received a rebate card from corsair that I recently tried to use. The card expired one month prior but the back of the card says "funds do not expire." However when I inquired with Corsair on how to claim the funds I was told that I couldn't because they had applied fees after 6 months that essentially rendered the card worthless. So the funds DO expire because the fees use up the balance by the expiration date on the card. Bye bye Corsair. I will not purchase from an unethical company and I hope no other consumer does either.
Fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #8
Treehugger

Join Date Jan 2013
Sydney, Australia
Treehugger is on a distinguished road

What are the fees charged for?
Treehugger is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread