Administrator

Join Date Nov 2004
Hardware Secrets Team is on a distinguished road

Default Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2 CPU Cooler Review

There has been a new article posted.

Title: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2 CPU Cooler Review
URL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...er-Review/1164

Here is a snippet:
"Today*we are testing the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2 CPU cooler, which has*a tower heatsink, three 6 mm heatpipes, and a 92 mm fan. Check it out!The Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2 box is actually a tran..."

Comments on this article are welcome.

Best regards,
Hardware Secrets Team
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com
Hardware Secrets Team is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
hangfirew8

Join Date Jul 2010
hangfirew8 is on a distinguished road

Default A thoroughly average cooler

I have the non-Rev.2 predecessor, we'll call it Rev. 1. The strong points are how quiet it is, and how low the price was when I bought it. Temps are merely OK, as in the Rev. 2, better than stock, but that is all. Weak point is stock style mounting. I am glad to see the Rev. 2 mounting system has been improved over the horrid Intel-style push-and-twist Rev. 1.

I am not surprised to see some reviewers crowing about how much cooler this is than the Intel cooler. It is not uncommon to have the Intel cooler pop one of its four legs and have grossly substandard performance. Any aftermarket cooler that can be reliably mounted flat and square will look good by comparison.

If history follows, AC will lower the price until it becomes a runaway best-seller like the previous revision did. Newegg helped facilitate this transition by leaving the 4,500+ Rev. 1 feedbacks on the Rev. 2 listing. It also has the brand name and the "look" of a really good cooler.

In the end, though, it is merely average in cooling ability. At this price point, the Hyper 212+ (assuming you are not getting gouged into a higher price range) is a better choice.
hangfirew8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
Rafael Coelho
Super Moderator

Join Date Jun 2008
Rafael Coelho is on a distinguished road

You said it all, hangfirew8. It is an average cooler.

Share This Thread