Administrator

Join Date Nov 2004
Hardware Secrets Team is on a distinguished road

Default Cooler Master Hyper 101 CPU Cooler Review

There has been a new article posted.

Title: Cooler Master Hyper 101 CPU Cooler Review
URL: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...er-Review/1224

Here is a snippet:
"This time we tested the Hyper 101 CPU cooler from Cooler Master, which has a tower heatsink, two heatpipes and an 80-mm fan. Check it out!The Hyper 101 box is small, with a window at the front where y..."

Comments on this article are welcome.

Best regards,
Hardware Secrets Team
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com
Hardware Secrets Team is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
hangfirew8

Join Date Jul 2010
hangfirew8 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the review! I never even knew about this product. I think it would really appeal to microATX box users.

While the performance aspect of the review is excellent, I have a couple of suggestions. One is to stress the wattage limit does not cover all CPU's available for the sockets it can be used on. The other is a request for more detailed measurements. Since this is a physically small cooler, it will attract system builders with challenging form factors looking for better-than-stock cooling. Knowing up front whether it will fit or not would be nice.

Newegg has two versions listed, this one and RR-H101-22FK-RA . The "I" suffix version seems to be for Intel and the "A" for AMD, and some reviews say as much, but the review here indicates both types of mounting hardware are included.

I find it curious that the "I" has 5 reviews and the "A" has over 100. That probably has to do with AMD being the "value" choice and this being a value product, or perhaps the "I" version is just newer? Or is the "I" superceding the "A" and covering both types?
hangfirew8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
Weaselsmasher

Join Date Mar 2011
Weaselsmasher is on a distinguished road

Hangfire: per the manufacturer, it is 117mm high ( 83.5 x 68 x 117 mm ) and weighs 315 grams.
Weaselsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:44 AM   #4
Rafael Coelho
Super Moderator

Join Date Jun 2008
Rafael Coelho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangfirew8 View Post
Thanks for the review! I never even knew about this product. I think it would really appeal to microATX box users.

While the performance aspect of the review is excellent, I have a couple of suggestions. One is to stress the wattage limit does not cover all CPU's available for the sockets it can be used on. The other is a request for more detailed measurements. Since this is a physically small cooler, it will attract system builders with challenging form factors looking for better-than-stock cooling. Knowing up front whether it will fit or not would be nice.
Thanks for the suggestion, we will include full measurements in the next reviews.

Share This Thread