Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Software > Programs

Old 12-17-2011, 02:19 AM   #1
fsufan0025

Join Date Oct 2011
fsufan0025 is on a distinguished road

Default Burning Files For DVD Home Use

Ok -- my hardware knowledge is pretty good, but I'm LOST on software, and need help. Sometime, when I'm on YouTube, I find clips I wanna save. Alot of my friends aren't computer people, and don't even have 1, but they enjoy the clips. So--I wanna be able to burn them for use with most home dvd players. I can do it now, but it takes FOREVER and there HAS to be a better way !! Here's how I do it now.
When I find a file I want, I start it, right click it so it highlights it, then click copy. I then go to the YouTube Downloader, and paste it in the enter URL box. I then download it to a location on my computer. I go to it after it downloads, and go to convert file on YouTube Downloader and convert it to a Windows Media Video file. So far -- So good !!
I then open Windows Live Movie Maker, go to add videos and photos, and put them in a file. I then hit "Save Movie" -- and it TAKES FOREVER !!! I like being able to adjust things in it, (brightness, title, layout etc.) but there has to be a better\faster way.
When it gets done, I go to Windows DVD Maker to burn it, which is pretty fast, But--I'm sure there's a better way !! Anybody have the answer ?? Please be sure to break it down to a simple level, since software is mostly greek to me !! Thanks !!
fsufan0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2011, 07:39 AM   #2
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

There are two ways to burn CDs/DVDs with video files:

1. Burn the CD or DVD as a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM format. The video files will be stored as computer files. This is the fastest way to burn the CD/DVD, however, you will need a DVD/Blu-Ray player capable of playing PC files. You will need to check on your player's manual if it supports WMV and AVI files. If it does, then you are good to go.

2. Burn the DVD as a DVD. For that, you will need to create a DVD using an authoring software, which may take forever, as you are experiencing. The advantage is that it is guaranteed to play on any DVD/Blu-Ray player.

I hope I have helped.

Gabriel.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
keith.aranjuez

Join Date May 2012
philippines
keith.aranjuez is on a distinguished road

you could also use a usb flash disk, given that the players can read one, saving you some bucks from the discs
keith.aranjuez is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread