Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Hardware > Cases

Old 03-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
jahobjafwar

Join Date Aug 2011
jahobjafwar is on a distinguished road

Default Question about USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and FireWire ports

Hello all.

I have a question about system cases in general and I cant find anything in the forums that addresses this issue.

I am getting together the components for my first build. The motherboard I have (ASUS P8-Z68VPRO) came with a USB 3.0 bracket. From reading the manual there is also other "modules" you can purchase (USB 2.0 and IEEE 1394a).

What I am not sure about is making sure the case I buy allows me to use the USB 3.0 bracket that came with the motherboard. Would the mounting slot that this thing mounts into be a standardized thing on system cases? How do I make sure the one I buy has such a slot?

If anyone has built a system with that mother board I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanx in advance.
jahobjafwar is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

Hello,

If you buy a case that comes with USB 3.0 ports you won't need to use this bracket. It is targeted to older cases without this feature. Also, if you buy a case with a FireWire port, you won't need to buy a bracket for this port as well. You won't need a bracket for USB 2.0 ports because USB 2.0 ports is a standard feature on all current cases.

I hope I have helped.

Gabriel.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
jahobjafwar

Join Date Aug 2011
jahobjafwar is on a distinguished road

Thank you sir.
jahobjafwar is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread