Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Hardware > Consumer Electronics

Old 04-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
XEON

Join Date Apr 2012
XEON is on a distinguished road

Default Sony DAV-S500 Front Left Speaker Intermittent Faulty

Hi everyone,
have a Sony DAV-S500, FL speaker goes on mute intermittently, is not the speaker, is not the cable, I have found two cold joints on the board 5x5 inch size in the back corner of DAV, solder them but still have the same problem. Someone can help me please?

Thanks!
XEON is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

I would recommend you just that, swapping left and right speakers to see if its cable/speaker, and, if not (which is your case), open the receiver and redo all the solder on the connector, as it would might be a case of "cold solder." I would also follow the Front Left (FL) connector traces on the printed circuit board to see where it is connected to, i.e. redo the solder on the pins of main amplifier integrated circuit that correspond to the faulty channel.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
XEON

Join Date Apr 2012
XEON is on a distinguished road

Thanks but already done, one of the two cold joints founded, fixed it, but again the same problem. Then the possible solutions are: check the other boards in DAV for possible cold joints or , maybe better, replace components on FL speaker line, first of all electrolytic capacitors.
XEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

I would create a simple "device," a small speaker with a capacitor in series and connect it directly to the output of the main amplifier integrated circuit, to see if the problem is with the integrated circuit or with something between the integrated circuit and the last connector. It may even be a case of a broken trace on the PCB.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread