Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Hardware > Other > PC Doesn't Turn On

Old 04-10-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
mayrmo

Join Date Apr 2012
mayrmo is on a distinguished road

Default motherboard or what?

Hi there,

so my Brother just bought this New, cheap, psu With More Watts for his gpu. Connected everything and Turned The PC on Said to ME that the Fan of the psu wasnt spinning, IT somehow overheated and he heard like a click noise when the PC suddenly died completely. We replaced the psu but IT still doesnt turn on, except when i like disconnect everything except CPU and the Rear Fan. When i put in the Main power Cord in the psu when everything is connected the rear Fan like tries to Spin but stops shortly afterwards. The Green lamps are on both on psu and motherboard.

Any suggestions pls? Thanks in advance
mayrmo is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

Please read this: http://forums.hardwaresecrets.com/co...t-turning/4010
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:06 AM   #3
mayrmo

Join Date Apr 2012
mayrmo is on a distinguished road

Default Thanks and Question

Muchas Gracias Torres!!

My system is booting again

One more question though, I have a Graphics Card that was built in the time my system crashed. Its a GTX 460, and needs 2 extra power supply cables. When I connect one of the cables my PC doesnt turn on. When i connect both, my pc doesnt turn on. When i connect the other one of the 2, the pc turns on, but i get no image on the display. When i discard the graphic card leaving only the cable connected to the PSU it doesnt turn on. So basically what im saying is when i connect one of the GPU Power supply cables wether its connected with the Graphics card or not the PC prevents the system to start. What could that be?
mayrmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

As explained in the tutorial, you will have to test each part in another system. So, install your video card in another computer to see if it is the video card that is defective. Then, install the power supply in another system, and so on.

PS: My last name "Torres" is Brazilian/Portuguese in origin...

Cheers,
Gabriel.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread