Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Hardware > Recommendations for Custom PC Building

Old 11-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
Zolton33

Join Date Nov 2012
Zolton33 is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Old pc died new rebuild

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pSAD

Total costs? $181.55

My case:

http://www.apevia.com/ProductsInfo.a...ATXA8NW-AL/500

My PSU:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3938566&SID=

I have an optical drive HDD and OS. The only parts i am looking to replace is Motherboard CPU and RAM.

My old mobo cpu and ram. Tforce 6100-939 motherboard. Amd athlon x2 4400+ toledo 3 1 gig sticks of kingston hyperx blue ram.

Main uses for my pc? Gaming surfing the web and watching videos. Games i play are mmorpgs so not real high graphics intensive. The GPU i need to play the highest system requirements being:

Cpu:Intel core duo e6300 or higher
Memory:Xp 1 gig or better windows vista or 7 2 gigsor higher
HDD space:8gigs or higher (ihave thiswith my old 300 gig hard drive
Monitor resolution:1280x720 or higher
Graphics card: Nvidia geforce 7800gt or higher

The game? Phantasy Star Online 2. And i also play Runescape. I am looking to go with AMD it is a brand i'm use to and trust. My first pc build was a pentium 4 that burned up in less then a year taking the mobo with it. My pc that just died i've had for over 6 years.

I was able to play my games fine on it. I use to have a 6450 gpu but i sold it to boost my cash to replace my mobo cpu and ram. I'm just looking for a quick replacement i can use while slowly upgrading components. The total costs i would love to be as low as possible. The stores i'll be ordering from are Amazon and maybe Newegg.

I'm just looking for the best bang for the buck using AM3+ motherboard as i'm hoping to upgrade my cpu to a fx 6300 eventually. And would love to get it all for under $150 if at all humanly possible. But i can go up to $200 if absolutely necessary. I would love to bring my costs down on the one i posted as much as possible.

Without of course losing a huge amount of performance. I plan to replace the cpu and mobo eventually any way so looking to get just what will get me by right now. I am using windows xp so will not be needing more then 4 gigs of ram. Although i plan to upgrade my hdd and os some time soon any way and then i'll get an extra 4 gig of ram.

Considering my old pc played any game i wanted to before and i was happy with it. Almost any new parts is a huge improvement lol. So what build would you recommend with a AM3+ board 4 gigs of ram and will allow me to play Phantasy Star Online 2. Please keep in mind i generally play games on their lowest settings as the eye candy means very little to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited to add:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157309

Considering this mobo to replace the mobo i have picked out and the gpu i chose if the built in on board gpu is capable of doing what i need until i can buy a much better discrete gpu in a few months.

Last edited by Zolton33; 11-28-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Zolton33 is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2012, 03:18 AM   #2
Zolton33

Join Date Nov 2012
Zolton33 is on a distinguished road

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/q5TI

That is what i ended up ordering. I also ordered a ide to sata adapter as my old hdd was ide. So now waiting for it to arrive so i can get my system built.
Zolton33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
c.hegge

Join Date Nov 2011
NSW, Australia
c.hegge is on a distinguished road

The CPU and Graphics card there are pretty entry level, but will probably be better than your old gear.

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium.
c.hegge is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread