Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Hardware > Recommendations for Custom PC Building

Old 12-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
Caffrey

Join Date Mar 2012
Caffrey is on a distinguished road

Default Custom Build Advice

Hello Guys!

I'm thinking of building a new pc but im not really sure if all theses will work out! hope that i'll get some advice here! )

Processor Intel Core i7-3770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
Graphics Card Asus GTX660Ti DC II 2GB DDR5
Boot Drive OCZ 128GB Vertex 4 SSD SATA3
Storage Drive Toshiba 1TB 7200RPM
Memory G-Skill Rip Jaws-X 1600MHz CL9 ( 8GBx2 )
Power Supply Seasonic X Series 660W
Optical Drive Samsung 24x DVD-RW SATA
Casing Fractual Design R4

I kind of pieced all of the components together reading reviews and recommendations! my intention is to not change any part for the foreseeable future so... does everything look alright? Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your time!

thanks in advance! )
Caffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Melli

Join Date Oct 2012
Melli is on a distinguished road

Your system seems quite good to me. I only have three comments.

Ask yourself if the i7-3770k is right for you, or if the i5-3570k will suffice (this is all determined on what you're using it for and if the i7's HyperThreading will be put into good use).

I prefer the Samsung 830 over the OCZ Vertex 4. The Samsung's reputation is stellar and extremely reliable while OCZ seems to be kind of hit or miss in my opinion. The Intel 520 is another great one but costs more.

Lastly, this seems to be a really high end system, so I'd suggest some slightly faster memory (1866 or maybe even higher). You'll barely see a difference though.
Melli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:37 AM   #3
Caffrey

Join Date Mar 2012
Caffrey is on a distinguished road

Hi Melli! thanks for your time!

i actually was intending to not change any component for the foreseeable future so im thinking spending on a i7 now would be better in a longer run! i think!

Ohhh alright ill switch the SSD to either a Samsung or Intel! i think i'll stick with the RAM though! i'm thinking of building this soon so thankyou so much for the advice!

Caffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread