Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Hardware > Recommendations for Custom PC Building

Old 02-21-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
Danky

Join Date Feb 2013
Danky is on a distinguished road

Default newbie building for Iracing.com

Hi, im certainly a newbie so please try to refrain (or define) any abbreviations such as gpu (graphics processing unit).

Purpose: strictly a gaming pc built to run medium - high graphics on Iracing.com

Budget: $1500 (ive already priced everything for $1177 NOT including shipping)

heres the hardware

Apevia x-telstar full tower
asus p8z77 m-pro
intel i5 3570k lga 1155
16gb ddr3 memory
500gb hard drive
geforce gtx 670
24 layer dvd rw drive
windows 7 pro
power supply corsair tx750

Need help making sure that i have selected hardware that is compatable.
Its also important that i have chosen parts that will allow me to upgrade to dual GPU's in the future as i would like to run a three monitor setup with high graphics eventually...next years tax return lol.
Is it neccessary to have a faster dvd drive?
Windows 7 is a neccessary software to run iracing.
Also wanting to make sure im selecting quality products.

any and all input is welcome except negative comments. remember im a newb so please bare with me.
Danky is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
Treehugger

Join Date Jan 2013
Sydney, Australia
Treehugger is on a distinguished road

For comments on quality, we should know the brands you will choose. This information is missing from the 16GB memory, hard drive, and graphics card.

The iracing.com website states that Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8 are all compatible.

16GB memory is way too much for your purpose. You should reduce that to 8GB, and you might even get away with 4GB (since the 2GB listed minimum requirement is probably the bare minimum, and will perhaps give a less pleasant experience).

The GTX 670 is a very powerful graphics card and will have no problem running iracing.com.
Treehugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:43 AM   #3
Merman

Join Date May 2008
Merman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danky View Post
heres the hardware

Apevia x-telstar full tower
asus p8z77 m-pro
intel i5 3570k lga 1155
16gb ddr3 memory
500gb hard drive
geforce gtx 670
24 layer dvd rw drive
windows 7 pro
power supply corsair tx750

You have picked a full size case and a micro motherboard.

Have you thought about the sizes and are you concerned about how it will look.???

http://www.anandtech.com/Gallery/Album/2636#4

This site reviews cases and shows images of how a micro sized motherboard fits. The easy fix is pick a case without a full size window.

Why windows pro instead of home premium??? Do you need XP mode???
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...tiple-monitors

Quote:
Thus, the GeForce GTX 670 can work with multi-monitor configurations (up to 4 displays simultaneously).
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/gra...e-gtx-670.html
Is the Corsair TX 750 the version 2 model???
Merman is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread