Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Hardware > Video

Old 04-20-2013, 04:16 AM   #1
albertP

Join Date Nov 2012
albertP is on a distinguished road

Default Choosing a Video Capture Device

Hi. I am trying to make a simple choice on a product but it is not turning out to be very straight forward. I want to get a device to copy analog VHS cassettes to digital format on my PC.

It seems easy enough, but when I try to find what I want in particular, I feel as though I am trapped in a labyrinth. I must admit I do not know much about the subject -- what makes one device better than another, etc.

Mostly, I am stuck when I try to find an internal board with a PCI interface that will run with Windows 7. The inputs must be RCA composite because that is the output type on the VCR I have.

It seems that what I find in searches is this: the internal PCI boards with RCA In only support up to XP. Any devices with RCA In for Windows 7 are small, external, portable USB sticks. I really was hoping for an internal PCI video capture card (cant use PCIe slot because it is being used by another device).

I would greatly appreciate if anyone knows a model, or could provide a link to an internal video capture card with, PCI interface, composite RCA Input, supports Windows 7, is made by a decent manufacturer . . . and does not cost an absurd amount of money.

Thanks in advance for any replies,
AlbertP
albertP is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread