Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Hardware > Power

Old 05-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
BigPuppy

Join Date May 2013
BigPuppy is on a distinguished road

Default Powering from Solar Pannels and other 12V

Solar panels are much more affordable now. For $600-$700 investment you can get about 500 Watt of 12 V. That's including controllers (voltage regulators) and some other helpful items. Contemporary solar panels don't even need direct sunlight. Batteries for night time are also affordable.

Living in Sunny God Bless America and having knowledge in electrical equipment it is stupid not to use them (the knowledge and solar panels). Isn't it?

You can get a 700W (1400W peak) power inverter for $50.

But isn't it another total stupidity to convert perfectly clean 12V DC into dirty 110V AC in order to try to get somehow clean 12V DC with a $200 computer power supply...

I tried some smart solutions (not only with laptops). But I am not the only smart man in the world. So I'd like to hear others.

Are you smart? Are you able to perform some researches and to say something useful?
Then do it. Save money and save the trees :-)

Thanks.

Just another hint: every UPS has almost everything needed, but it follows stupid idea of converting perfectly clean 12V DC into dirty 110V AC in order to try to get somehow clean 12V DC with a $200 computer power supply...

Last edited by BigPuppy; 05-05-2013 at 12:30 PM.
BigPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread