Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Hardware > Video

Old 05-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
bhdavis

Join Date May 2013
bhdavis is on a distinguished road

Default Slow refresh rate in Excel with Intel HD 4000

I've put together a new desktop PC with a Gigabyte MB that has integrated video. I'm getting a lag in response of the screen refreshing when inputting data in Excel macros.

For example if I have a data input window pop up there is a second delay between hitting the OK button on that input window before the screen refreshes with the new input. This was never the case on my old XP Core 2 Duo 2.2 ghz machine. I believe I turned off ALL the animation fade out options in Windows 8.

The new machine has:
Windows 8 64 bit
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD4H Z77 1155 (New Egg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Tpk=13-128-583)
INTEL CORE I5 3570K 3.4G 6M R WITH INTEGRATED INTEL HD 4000 VIDEO PROCESSOR
8 gig RAM

This is the first time I've gone with integrated video on the motherboard or CPU/motherboard. I imagine I could add a separate video card and disable onboard video. It's my understanding the Intel HD4000 video processor is actually part of the I5 3570K processor. Either the integrated video processor less capable than a good quality nVidea or similar processor or there is a driver problem for the HD4000. I have the latest drivers installed.

If I disable the Intel HD4000 in Device Manager the problem goes away. I suppose I'm then running on a default video driver.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
BH
bhdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

Make sure you have the latest drivers, in particular the chipset and video (download them from intel.com). I've seen this happening before and was a drivers issue.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #3
bhdavis

Join Date May 2013
bhdavis is on a distinguished road

I've been in a chat with Intel and definitely have the latest graphics driver. Don't know about the chipset driver on the MB though.

I'll have to check that out.

Thanks,
BH
bhdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread