Hardware Secrets Forums

Go Back   Hardware Secrets Forums > Hardware > CPUs

Old 06-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
d3v

Join Date Oct 2010
d3v is on a distinguished road

Default Intel Rome Total War II Propoganda?

Hey guys I'm a massive Total War fan and intend to upgrade my GTS 450 GPU to play Rome II later this year when it's released however watching this youtube video has got me seriously considering weather I should upgrade my Core 2 Duo E8500 which is a perfectly respectable CPU and has served me more than well the past 3 years and I have no doubt for many more to come, to a 4th gen Intel i5/i7, which of course would mean upgrading the mobo and RAM!

Being a cynic I really do wonder if this video is some sort of clever marketing propaganda to boost Intel chip sales and that my E8500 will be perfectly fine running Rome II?
d3v is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
Gabriel Torres
Administrator

Join Date Oct 2004
USA
Gabriel Torres is on a distinguished road

d3v,

We haven't reviewed the new Haswell CPUs yet. However, usually videos like this are biased; they probably used a Core i7 CPU, which nobody in his right mind would buy to run it with integrated graphics... You should wait to see benchmarkings using the 4th gen. Core i3 to really see if it can run this game at a high FPS.

Thanks,
Gabriel.
Gabriel Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
new Sponsored Links

Share This Thread